Friday, November 7, 2008

San Diego

San Diego is a great place to be. There is so much to see and enjoy. We have been quite busy but I bet that you have noticed...we haven't had time to blog!

The weather during the day is like summer time. We are enjoying the pool, beach, bike rides, sailing trips on the bay...

During the week the kids and I went to sea world to spend the day. We used to have a year pass when we lived here before Modesto so it was nice to go back to our favorite places like the bat rays pool. It was feeding time so they were all staying near the edge and we got to pet them on the head and hold on to their wings and go for a ride....well, not quite! We also spent a long time watching the manatees eating lettuce which reminded me of a story that my good friend Sophie had told me. They were watching the manatees being fed a bunch of lettuce when her oldest son, who was little at the time, asked her: "Mommy, when do they add the salad dressing?" ....too cute.
Did you know that the manatees were the creatures that the sailors, after spending many days at sea crossing the Atlantic, mistaken for mermaids??
We got a little too cold waiting for the Shamu (killer whale) show to start so we decided to go to the playground instead and come back an other day to see it. We live so close to sea world we can bike there which we'll probably do next time to save the parking fee!
The kids each pick an animal that they saw during the day to do a report on. Ben chose the bottlenose dolphin and Eva the sea otter.

Another great thing about San Diego is our old friends...it's so wonderful to be back!

I better go to bed...I've got a birthday party to go to tomorrow!

Sylviane

3 comments:

Shirley November 8, 2008 at 6:05 AM  

Yes, I have missed your blog. We've wondered where you headed to after Malibu. Mission Beach area is so beautiful - we spent a family vacation there a few years back - could see the fireworks from Sea World each night. Oh what fun we had and such good memories as we know you'll all have of this fun, exciting time in your lives.

Anonymous November 10, 2008 at 11:44 AM  

I am glad you are enjoying your time. I am jealous. I love SD soooo much!! Be sure to go to my favorite place for Breakfast ... The Eggery. It is fabulous!!

I am sorry we didn't get to meet up when you came through Pasadena. Hopefully one day!!

~Penny
(from BPE)

The Deviant Mom November 11, 2008 at 7:06 PM  

I am so glad your travels are off to a great start and that you are enjoying San Diego!


(Mother Cardinal 2 from BPE)

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP