Friday, November 14, 2008

Hoop nets!

I was like a kid with new toys last night. I went to West Marine and picked up a few things that have been on my list for a while now. I wanted a flare gun, air horn, and running lights so I can go out at night. I even found good hoop nets at a good price so I got two of them. Um, one for Ben and one for Eva. Gotta tell ya, I am happy they have hoop nets now!

The store only had the red and green running lights, I did order the white light (it shines all around, 360 degrees) and should have it in a few days. Last night I turned the red/green light fixture to face to the sky even though it is designed to face foreword. When it is facing foreword the red and green can be seen only for a span of 120 degrees each. This means that the back third of the boat shines no light. By turning the running light vertical the red and greed each span 180 degrees. Having the lights span 180 degrees may not be a strictly legal way to display the lights, but it was safe.

I simply had to take her out last night to see if I would get lucky with a bit of wind. With luck I may find a breeze to push me out to the mouth of the bay to test out the hoop nets. After some bobbing around for a few hours, completely enjoying the view, I ended up rowing back to the boat ramp……. with no bugs in the goodie bag.

Tonight we get another date night! Heading out to see a play called “defending the caveman”. Looking foreword to seeing it.

Bill

1 comments:

Grandma November 17, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

It is so good Ben and Eva have hoop nets!

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP