Thursday, March 5, 2009

“Merveilles” and more

My mom brought some merveilles with her when she came to pick us up at the airport. Needless to say I opened the package right then and there. Oh, it was so good. Just like I remembered them! I’m glad to see that my family and friends are reading my posts even though they are in English. I received about ten big packages of merveilles!! Six left so far... They look very big but in fact they are quite thin and don’t take much room after been chewed;)

There are so many good things that I find again when I come back here. Like my favorite chocolate "Ragusa" which to my happy surprise does not have hydrogened oils in it anymore. Yoohoo, I do not have to boycott it! There is also all the delicious pastries, breads, buttery croissants... the list would be too big to name them all. The yogurts are different here too. I’m getting my share of hazelnut and plum ones!
As you can see (from our local grocery store) Switzerland is a land of many cheeses. I really enjoy a good raclette or fondue especially in this cold weather. It always amazes Bill that a whole meal can be just cheese and bread or potatoes!
No, this trip is not just about eating... even if it looks like it!
Stay tuned for different views of our stay in Switzerland.
Sylviane

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP