Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Science center in Balboa park

Yesterday, I took the children to the Reuben H. Fleet Science center for the afternoon. (as you can see, it was after I got a new camera!) What a great place for kids...well, I had fun too! Everything is hands-on. They could experiment, build, create, play and run around. Ben really enjoyed creating little movies by moving objects and taking their pictures, adding sound effects and playing the result. Movie making is one of his choices for what he wants to do when he grows up. Eva was attracted by a spinning wheel with sand on it. That was also my favorite. It is so relaxing to smooth the sand and make spirals as it turns. I think everybody should have one at home for stress relieve. That makes me want to work with clay....maybe I'll look into taking a class....my craft space on the bus is already full!

Well, we had a fun learning afternoon. Hope that you can make it there some time! It is free on the first Tuesday of every month.

Sylviane

1 comments:

Uncle Dan January 24, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

Hey Ben, Eva,
you guys are sure learning alot and seeing lots of new stuff.

We miss you you guys
Love Uncle Dan and Aunt Esther

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP