Friday, December 5, 2008

Sylviane went to the Homeland Security Office (INS) for her Test/Interview today

We had a list of questions that may be on the test to study from and Sylviane knew all of the answers.

I didn’t know all of the answers to begin with but I read the questions to her to help her study so I learned a few things too. I am still not sure I could name the 13 original Colonies but I do know the 4 amendments that guarantee or address voting rights.

Sylviane did great on the test, of course, but there was one question that stumbled her up just a little bit.

She wasn’t real quick to answer the question "what is your address". lol

We should find out in 4 to 6 weeks when she is scheduled to take the Oath and the ceremony to become a citizen. I have heard it is a nice ceremony.

This is a special day!

Bill

3 comments:

Grandma December 5, 2008 at 8:54 AM  

We have had Sylviane in our family over eight years and now we have her as a Citizen also. Congratulations! We are privileged and proud! Much love and hugs, Mom

:o) Rachel December 16, 2008 at 2:40 PM  

Congratulations, Sylviane! I am also enjoying reading about your adventures - fun to see Ben and Eva blogging, too!
:o) Rachel (Mama to Naomi, Phoebe, Gabriel, Michael, Annabelle, and Isaac - born Oct. 27)

JacquelineB December 22, 2008 at 1:05 AM  

Way to go, Sylviane!
~Jacqueline

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP