Monday, December 1, 2008

December

December is here... This morning the children opened the first pocket of their advent calendar and they each got a little kit to make a necklace with wooden beads. Ben decided to give it to a special person for Christmas! They are so excited about the calendar. They always try to find out what will be in the pocket the next day. I do not fill it up in advance! This year I decided to make a new one out of burlap fabric, wool felt and coconut buttons, all natural fibers. It is taking much longer than I thought. So far I have #1 and #2 completely done and half done through #4. I hope that the days will not catch up with me!

A complete change of subject....
Last September I sent in my request to become an American citizen. After finger printing and background checking, they decided that I was okay. I have an appointment on Thursday for an interview where they will be testing my english and my knowledge on American history and politics (the very basics)....I will still not be able to talk politics!
I'll keep you posted...

Sylviane

1 comments:

Shirley December 3, 2008 at 6:14 AM  

Sylviane - congratulations on your effort to become an American citizen and we know you'll pass the rest of your "tests" with flying colors. Love hearing about the advent calendar project - makes me feel so guilty - I purchased advent calendars for our two youngest grandchildren. Happy holidays and hopefully we'll make connections some time.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP