Saturday, September 13, 2008

Yard Sale



Sylviane is out front right now selling most all of our stuff. I have been moving stuff out there all morning and just started a loaf of bread in the bread machine. The house is getting quite empty now and sounding a little hollow.

The old boat rule is “if you haven’t used it in a year then get rid of it”. Sounds like a fairly liberal rule but it’s amazing how much stuff we end up with and don’t really use. Some of the stuff is not easy to get rid of, they have history and some have sentimental value.

Yesterday I brought the bus to get the hitch installed. First step was to remove the rear bumper. Ian (the shop owner) got the bumper off and now he will build the hitch receiver to be within the bumper. I like this approach because it will not take away any ground clearance in the back (the other installs I have seen on MCI buses were mounted just below the bumper). I also set up an appointment with a shop that can check my suspension. The front suspension doesn’t seem quite right since I took off the kneeling system .

Bye for now. I need to see if Sylviane needs any help out front and I really need to get my garage stuff organized and crated up for the bus……

Bill

5 comments:

Grandma September 17, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

This will be quick. I am at the library (interesting: if youdo not not pay your IPS they will just shut you right off. well it was due in July) Looking forward to seeing you the 28th. Hugs Mom

Constance September 17, 2008 at 4:59 PM  

So it looks like the yard sale did good business. But it looks like it was just stuff from the house. Where is some of the stuff from the garage????? 8)

Did Ben get big bucks for the robot costume? It looked like both kids were working hard. Just think a few more weeks and it bus bound and on the road.

Fare travels and many rest stop to you. Constance

bill September 19, 2008 at 1:06 PM  

HEY NOW Constance, lay off the idea of selling tools! Everyone seems to be concerned that I will keep all my tools and won’t be able to fit them in the luggage bays. But no worries, I think Sylviane is warming up to the idea of letting me use some closets for what I can't fit in the luggage bays...... :)

Ben did get 10 bucks for the robot he made for Halloween last year.

Thanks for the well wishes. I am used to hearing fair winds and following seas for sailing so I think yours is a cool one for the RV.


Bill

Uncle Dan September 26, 2008 at 5:48 PM  

Good job on the yard sale, guys hope you got to keep all the things that had senimental value.

Uncle Dan October 3, 2008 at 7:28 PM  

It takes a different tool for every job so it is better to have more than you need with heavy equipment some wrenchs have to be shorter for tight spots I cut my wrenchs in half for this need and have an extra on hand sometimes two in case you have do double up for leverage. Always better to have more in this case.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP