Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our 4th of July celebration

We spent the afternoon in a small town called Taylorsville watching a rodeo. I thought it was a perfect way to spend Independence Day, very American... except that we didn’t have cowboy’s hats! I didn’t enjoy all the parts of the rodeo as I though they were quite rough on those little calves but the horses were beautiful and so well trained. After that we took some dirt roads to go check out another river where we could go "golding"... but for sure, without taking the bus along! We probably spent 2-3 hours on those roads and did a little panning but didn’t see any shinny speck. Back to town we grabbed some food at the supermarket for a picnic at the golf course and got there just in time for the fireworks.
It had been a long day and everyone went to bed but me. I watched a French movie on Bill’s computer with earphones not to bug anybody. I enjoy those movie moments!

Sylviane

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP