Friday, April 17, 2009

My favorite castle

I just added some pictures of the "chateau de Chillon" in our photo gallery. We visited it during our trip to Switzerland last March like we do every time I go back home. It's located on the shore of the Leman lake (also called geneva lake but I don't find it appropriate since there is so much more around it than Geneva) a 40 minute drive from were I grew up. I really like this castle because they managed to keep it the way it was, furniture and all, no fake partitions or modern wall coverings so you can get a good feel of how it looked back then. Here's a page on someone's opinion of the castle and a little history and for more reading and picture here's the castle site.

Enjoy!

Sylviane

1 comments:

Bluette April 18, 2009 at 8:10 AM  

Belle vue du Château de Chillon
avec son histoire complète.
Je me suis jamais aussi instruite
depuis que la famille COLLIER nous
fait voyager,avec ses comptes rendus,ses images de son séjour en
Suisse.
Grosses bises à tous et à bientôt
pour la suite des événements.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP