Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Changes in the air

Still in the mountains but these days the temperature is rather high, seams like summer. A lot of lizards are coming out to lay in the sun. Ben and Eva spend most of their time chassing them ...they finally caught one today!

Bill was called to replace someone at a job site in Modesto area for a couple of weeks. He left Monday and will be back on Saturday to drive us all up there on Sunday ...normaly a 7 hour drive but 8 or 9 with the bus.

The kids and I have started school on Monday. Our first scheduled, structured day in a long time. It's not that they haven't learned anything lately because everyday is a learning experience. The history of the different places we visit, social study when we meet and talk with people from different background or nationality. Our breakfasts can turn into a geography class when I make pancakes as each one is an Island from all around the world. A small idea can also turn into a whole day project! But after all this we still decided to have a little more structure and routines. Bill and I sat down and spent an entire afternoon ( thanks to Grandma for keeping the children entertained) planning school schedule, who will teach what and weekly routines , leaving plenty of time for spontaneity, projects of all sorts and field trips.
I had forgotten what it is to have a structured day. I like it. Even if things change along the day, and they often do, it's nice to have a plan. I got to do and accomplish so much more.

Sunday night I set up the alarm clock, something I never do. It took me a while to figure out how it worked. It's one with CDs so you wake up to the sound of music instead of a horrible buzzer. I don't think I could do it otherwise. Anyway, I got time to do some exercises and yoga before the darlings woke up. By that time I was ready for them, well awake and energized. I'd love to make it my morning routine. Self discipline is not one of my many qualities :)
Now that I have witnesses I'll have to keep it up!

Sylviane

1 comments:

Bluette April 22, 2009 at 6:27 AM  

Super Sylviane,
Quelles belles résolutions pour cette année 2009,même le réveil en
fait partie BRAVO !
Il faudra peut-être de temps en temps pour que l'engrenage ne se
rouille pas le huiller,mais je pense qu'une fois bien parti rien ne pourra l'arrêter
Gros bisous Maman.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP